The Friends of Brockport Dance have a number of goals, including to:
- Increase the number of unusually-gifted, highly-trained, well-informed and self-motivated dancers entering the BFA and MFA programs—especially those who will increase the cultural and gender diversity of our student body.
- Increase public awareness of the accomplishments, stature and performances of the Department of Dance members.
- Create opportunities for alumni of the College—especially dance majors—to become active participants in the extended community of Brockport dance.
To achieve these goals, the Friends of Brockport Dance seeks to:
- Increase the membership of FOBD.
- Host a symposium each September to preview the new season of Brockport dance performances.
- Host pre-concert receptions before performances of the faculty-choreographed productions in December and in April.
- Create an initial FOBD Scholarship endowment and thereafter increase the size of that scholarship endowment.
- Create named scholarships in honor of generous contributors.
To assist with the development of the Friends of Brockport Dance and further the group’s goals, the faculty of the Department of Dance at The College at Brockport are committed to:
- Publish a Friends of Brockport Dance newsletter each fall and spring.
- Stage a symposium each September to preview the new season of Brockport dance performances for FOBD members.
- Create opportunities for alumni participation in the extended community of Brockport dance.
- Recruit and retain gifted, highly-trained freshman and transfer students.